Reunion Attempts Tomb Raider Style

So a few nights ago I was alone at home and I thought to myself: why not give another reunion a try. Maybe they are not mad at each other anymore. Who's to know?
I made the necessary preparations which means filling up a spray bottle with water, and most importantly: having it handy!
I then carried Ida (which is her 'legal' name) while I ever so carefully opened the door to the room Flecki was in. Everything seemed to be going ok. No growling, no hissing, no signs of distress.
I gently and slowly let go of Idi who went straight for Flecki's food bowl. Flecki ran the other way, she seemed to want a bit of distance. I picked up the spray bottle,  just in case, and tracked Flecki down. Didn't want to leave her alone just then. Her body language conveyed nothing but fear which was quite unsettling to see. That was the moment Idi had finished eating. She spotted Flecki from across the hall way. I was standing between the two  - armed with the spray bottle.
I remember the scene that followed in slow motion: Idi got into position and started running. First slow. Then faster. Faster!!  Really, really fast!!! 
"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god...", I prayed that the spray bottle wouldn't fail me. I took a good aim, exhaled and shot: *PSH! PSSH!! PSSSHHH!!!* 


It worked right away. Idi did a sharp left turn into my office. I ran to slam the door shut. Had to sit down for a minute and breathe heavily.
It was a lot like Hollywood.

2 comments:

  Ronda Laveen

May 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Way to go,Laura Croft!

  Ze O

May 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Teehee, I watched Tomb Raider last night again. It was really like that!

Post a Comment