The Night that changed Everything

It seemed like just another mild spring evening. It had been a sunny yet very busy day.
The cats were getting on in the usual manner. Until the I've heard the commotion that came from the basement. There was squealing and hissing, things broke, there was rumbling and the sound of objects falling. What was going on?! 
I ran downstairs to find Flecki and Idi locked in a bitter fight. It was a ferocious one but I managed to separate the 2. I locked them both up to give them a little breather. That's when I noticed that Flecki's peed in the tool box! She's never done anything like that before. When I checked up on her she smelled like on of those European small town train stations where there are no bathrooms. Peeeuw!!  She'd peed herself as well.

Idi just wasn't herself at all that night. This gentle, loving cat I've known for 8 years now hissed and growled at me when I got near her. That was the first time I've heard her hissing in all these years!

What was happening to my cats? Was Idi losing her mind scaring Flecki sooo badly?

2 comments:

  Ronda Laveen

May 24, 2010 at 8:17 PM

That is so weird! They've lived together that long with no fights of this magnitude. Is there a man involved somehow? Deciding their ranking? Hmmmm...curious felines. There must be cat experts like there are dog experts. Maybe an animals psychic can help. Did you talk to the vet's office? Keeping the apart is a good idea. Sometimes it just comes down to management when there is no cure. Not that I'm saying there isn't an answer...It's too soon to know. Is one of them ill or have something wrong and being sent away?

One of Maaco's only saving graces (besides the fact that we love the crazy dillwad, is that he gets along with the other 2 dogs. Love how you entered the contenders stats!

  Ze O

May 25, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Hello Ronda!

Thanks for the follow! :)
I was thinking about talking to a vet. Someone suggested a "cat whisperer". We shall see.

I'm glad to hear that Maaco is getting along with his other two buddies. I guess animals with separation anxiety are usually quite loving and social creatures, aren't they?

Post a Comment